Conference Coordinator: Trans Wellness Conference
This position will act as the lead logistical coordinator of the Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference and projects directly relating to the conference. The position supports the planning and implementation of the conference, its workshops, and meetings by contributing to the conceptualization, organization, and execution of the events, and providing substantive, logistical, and administrative services. The position will work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders from different departments.
Outstanding oral and written communication and program management skills are required for this position. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the clients, staff, contractors, members of the public, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Support the conference by facilitating project logistics
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Manage conference inventory, inventory storage spaces and supply closets to include: inventory counts, inventory stock, keep orderly inventory storage spaces and supply closets
- Serve as the main point of contact for conference participants regarding logistics, including flight and hotel arrangements
- Schedule, book, and manage all details of related to speakers’ and presenters participation
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to publicize the conference
- Support with content for promotional materials and program book in collaboration with and approved by the communications department
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with PTWC conference suppliers, internal stakeholders, and attendees
- Develop positive working relationships with Conference stakeholders by understanding project requirements, systems, and process requirements
- Prioritize various competing tasks and perform them quickly and efficiently according to their urgency
- Collaborate with fellow teammates to effectively manage workload and priorities by communicating regularly with communications, fiscal, development, and education departments
- Analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to meet project requirements and meet required schedules
- Understand the processes, tools, systems, and technology to effectively manage order fulfillment, support required schedules, and communicate problems and requirements effectively
- Document project processes and provide monthly reports to Education Director
- Assist fiscal and operations with issuing purchase orders to vendors and subcontractors
- Demonstrate a professional, driven, positive, and collaborative attitude and work ethic
- Effectively document and communicate project status to the Education Manager, Education Director and key stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Working knowledge and passion for supporting LGBTQ communities
- 2 years of event planning/project management experience
- Availability weekends/nights
- Local travel
- Experience maintaining and tracking detailed schedules and event planning calendars
- Thorough planning/organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and in a high-speed environment
- Ability to delegate and collaborate well
- Experience with data analysis and management
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and critical thinking skills along with an engaging and energizing personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-discipline and organizational skills
- Familiarity with CME and CE requirements and procedures
- Advanced MS Office skills and experience presenting web-based learning and utilizing social media
- Clearances: Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to efficiently move around a city location on a regular basis.
- The ability to communicate using written and verbal or signed language.
- The ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day (accommodations, upon request).
- The ability to work in an environment with a moderate noise level.
- Must have all necessary vaccinations to interact with the general public.