TransWork Job Fair: Careers at the Philadelphia Airport
Join us on September 10, 2019 at 3:00pm for TransWork's first job fair, developed with our partner, the Philadelphia International Airport. Spearheaded by Kathy Padilla, Deputy Director for Aviation for Diversity and Inclusion, this job fair will focus on what you need to know to gain employment at PHL. The job fair is focused on helping transgender, non-binary, and gender variant folks find employment at the Philadelphia Airport.
As part of the City of Philadelphia, PHL has opportunities for civil service positions, as well as access to hundreds of private businesses that operate at the airport. It is also follows the City's Fair Practices Ordinance, which was amended in 2002 to include protections in employment, housing, and public accommodations for gender identity or expression.
At this job fair, you will learn about:
- Diversity and inclusion efforts at the Airport
- Benefits for City employees, including transgender health benefits
- Nondiscrimination protections for the transgender community
- Opportunities for employment at PHL
- Requirements for working at the Airport, including how to navigate background checks and TSA badges.
You will also have an opportunity to meet with PHL Human Resources Representatives to get your questions answered about employment at PHL.