Bilingual (French) Medical Case Manager
Position Title: HIV Medical Case Manager (Bilingual French/English)
Reports To: Coordinator
Department: Direct Services
Location: West Philadelphia
Status: Full-time, Nonexempt, eligible for benefits
• Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology or Nursing.
o Minimum Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred.
• Expertise in case management and client advocacy.
• Ability to work with diverse populations and with critical and emergency
• Understanding of medical and psychosocial issues related to HIV disease
and related conditions.
• Bilingual French/English.
• Some flexibility in work hours, including occasional evenings and
• Provide the full range of case management services to HIV positive
clients assigned to caseload of approximately 40-45 clients.
• Function as a part of the Direct Services team to ensure high quality
services are provided to clients.
• This position is located in West Philadelphia and works closely with
Health Center #3. Weekly meetings are held at Action Wellness’ main office
in Center City.
• Act as medical case manager for individuals and families
infected/affected by HIV/AIDS.
• Assess clients’ needs; develop, implement and monitor service care
• Link clients to appropriate medical, mental health, addiction and support
• Coordinate and monitor services; assist clients with advocating for
• Provide on-site case management in clinics or hospitals as needed.
• Conduct home visits as necessary.
• Collaborate with other service providers and agencies.
• Provide information, education and referral to clients and members of
their support system as required.
• Serve as a resource for the community around AIDS-related issues.
• Participate in Action Wellness’ staff and supervisory meetings.
• Complete written documentation of client interactions within two business
• Attend a minimum of 2 medical appointments per client per year.
• Provide intake coverage as assigned.
• Perform other duties as required.
The following performance standards are specific to this position. Meeting
or exceeding these standards is an expectation of employment, as is
compliance with all other organizational and departmental policies,
procedures and expectations.
• Complete all documentation/paperwork concerning client contact and
referrals per time frames established in the Direct Service Policy and
• Maintain and document at least the minimum contact with each client
assigned to caseload as per time frames detailed in the Direct Services
Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Maintain a minimum of 450 units of service (15-minute time increment) per
• Maintain a strengths-based approach in interactions with clients.
• Proactively advocate for clients, exhausting all available resources.
• Participate in weekly individual supervisory meetings.
• Participate in monthly Group Supervision meetings.
• Attend Direct Service and General Staff Meetings.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of resources, benefits and entitlements
necessary to refer clients for services and to advocate for client needs.
• Adhere to core values as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Position Available: Immediately