Care Outreach Specialist-Black Women's Initiative
Position Title: Care Outreach Specialist – Black Women Initiative Project
Reports To: Program Specialist
Department: Direct Services
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Benefits
Qualifications: High school graduate or GED equivalent with a stable work
history. Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary. Good
judgement, compassion, and a history of working with people in a positive
manner are also required. Prior experience in the health or human service is
desired. Any knowledge of community resources or experience working with the
HIV is a plus. Some flexibility needed concerning work hours, occasional
evenings and weekends are required.
Basic Function: Support black women who are lost to care in re-engaging in
care. Assist clients who are homeless, living with mental illness,
and/or experiencing substance use dependence. Provide support to clients in
accessing benefits and entitlements. Follow-up in the field on clients who
have become lost to care.
• Coordinate services with relevant programs and social services.
• Accompany clients to medical and social service related appointments.
• Assist case managers in locating homeless clients lost to follow-up.
• Document and monitor progress and participation of clients connected to
• Participate in Action Wellness staff and supervisory meetings.
• Participate in training, supervision and staff development as required.
• Maintain accurate records and documentation of services provided.
• Provide information, education, and practical assistance to clients and
members of their support system as required.
• Other duties as required.
The following performance standards are specific to this position. Meeting
or exceeding these standards is an expectation of employment, as is
compliance with all other organizational and departmental policies,
procedures and expectations.
• Complete documentation within 4 days of client contact and/or interview.
• All referrals and paperwork completed and submitted to supervisor in
accordance with periods established in Direct Services Policy and Procedure
• Maintain appropriate and professional judgement concerning interactions
with clients and staff.
• Maintain a respectful, nonjudgmental, and compassionate relationship with
• Effective management of caseload and time in regard to specific
• Maintain a minimum of 325 units of service per month
• Participation in weekly individual supervisory meetings.
• Participation in monthly group supervision meetings.
• Attend Direct Service, In-service, and General Staff Meetings.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of resources and benefits and
entitlements necessary to refer clients for services.
Position Available: Immediately