Director of Finance
Position Title: Director of Finance
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full time, exempt, eligible for benefits
Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in not-for-profit
financial management. Experience Managing a department and supervising others. Excellent communication skills
and understanding of operations. CPA or MBA preferred or comparable work
experience. Proficient in the use of personal computer software. Sound
organizational skills and ability to manage non-financial areas such as
insurance and retirement plans.
Responsible for all aspects of ongoing financial management and financial
reporting at Action Wellness. Manages the accounting department. Ensures that
Action Wellness complies with financially related regulatory agencies.
• Manage finance/accounting department and all related activities including
payroll, accounts payable, accounts, third party fee for service billing,
finances related to 340B Pharmacy program.
• Develop and implement cross training for finance staff.
• Manage contracts and monitor monthly and quarterly statistical reports
• Receivable (including billing and invoices), and cash.
• Maintain accurate general ledger and all pertinent financial records and
• Prepare financial statements and other management reports for the board,
the finance committee, and Management Team.
• Lead the annual budget process and provide budget reporting throughout
• Coordinating with other personnel as appropriate, evaluate and maintain
appropriate insurance, benefit packages, leases, and other financially
• Ensure that the organization meets tax and regulatory reporting
• Work with independent auditors to complete annual audit in a timely
• Liaison to organization's financial institutions and auditors.
• Staff to the finance committee of the board, including scheduling,
reserving space and taking minutes for the meeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
The following performance standards are specific to this position. Meeting
or exceeding these standards is an expectation of employment, as is
compliance with all other organizational and departmental policies,
procedures and expectations.
• Meet departmental goals established with the Executive Director annually.
• Weekly individual supervision session with Finance Staff.
• Monthly group supervision/team meeting with Finance staff.
• Communicate effectively with relevant board committees.
• Provide organizational leadership for functional area and communicate
effectively with all levels of staff.
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and flexibility by fulfilling department's
essential functions and changing Organizational needs with the resources
• Effectively anticipate, plan for and communicate future needs of the
department and the impact of these needs on the organization.
• Attend quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors, the Finance
Committee and provide quarterly updates.
• Demonstrate good judgment.
Position Available: Immediately
Action Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Action Wellness offers a
supportive work environment and excellent benefits.