Events & Communications Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director & Program Director
Starting Salary: $40,000
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt from Overtime
Insurance Benefits: Healthcare (50% covered), Long/Short Term Disability, IRA Match
Paid Time Off: 15 days pro-rated in 1st year plus state/federal holidays
The Events & Communication Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all Wardrobe-related events and communication activities, including fundraising, donor stewardship, volunteer, and client activities. They are a member of both the Program and Development Teams, and report to the Executive Director and Program Director depending on the activity.
Responsible for working with staff, volunteers, and consultants as needed.
This position is primarily on-site with some remote work opportunities and requires occasional work outside normal business hours (evenings and weekends).
Managers at The Wardrobe are self-directed, responsible, and accountable for overall goals of the team/program/division, and able to oversee and advise a group of people. They have site/key holder responsibility and may require special training for overseeing systems (i.e., database, payroll, technology, point-of-sale).
Administration – 10%
● Document and create SOPs for all aspects of their work - Communications, Online Services - in order to train other staff to assist.
● Assist with other duties as assigned including in store client and resale services, inventory management, donor support, data entry.
Event Management – 45%
● Lead staff for all internal and external events to support The Wardrobe’s fundraising and program goals, including annual fundraising, donor cultivation events, and DIY events that benefit the organization. Current event activities calendar: Fashion
Dash 5K - Fall; Handbag Bingo - Winter; VIP Event - Spring; Trendsetter Events - Quarterly; Resale Promotion Events - Quarterly
● Bring enthusiastic support to the Development Team in planning new events and evaluating new fundraising opportunities including evaluating and supporting DIY events to benefit the organization.
● Manage external relationships and activities, including clothing donors and clothing drives. Tracking all activities in Salesforce and communicating to appropriate staff for deliveries, pickups, and social media recognition.
● Represent the organization to donors and external partners including giving presentations.
Career Wardrobe is an equal opportunity employer. Revised 6/14/2022
Event and Communication Manager rev2022
● Research prospective donors and submit requests for in-kind donations as needed.
Follow up with requests, including managing acknowledgement and social media posts.
Communications – 45%
● Responsible for The Wardrobe’s internal and external communications to effectively organize and communicate the organization’s activities. Communication vehicles including website/s, social media presence (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn), email communication with supporters, volunteers and shoppers.
● Responsible for working with consultants and staff to ensure that all marketing materials (print, digital) are in line with the organization’s brand guidelines. Develop or assist with digital and print collateral such as Annual Report, advertising, event
materials, and signage.
● Manage and work with outside consultants on PR, media relations and print collateral to ensure projects adhere to mission and branding guidelines.
● Education/Life Experience: College degree with coursework in relevant fields (marketing, communications, business, nonprofit management) and/or 3 years of relevant nonprofit development or communications experience.
● Self-directed with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities.
● Excellent computer skills with a proficiency with relational databases (Salesforce preferred), Google and MS Office products, email and calendar systems.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse populations and manage internal and external personnel.
● Experience with nonprofit development and event management is preferred. Interest in fashion, resale, and customer service is a plus.
● Ability to work evenings/weekends and travel within the Philadelphia region required.
● Career Wardrobe mandates all staff are vaccinated against COVID19 and proof of vaccination is required for employment.
● The Wardrobe is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We welcome applications from people with a history of incarceration.