Executive Office Coordinator and Board Liaison
Rosenbach Museum and Library
The Executive Office Coordinator is the manager of the executive office, assisting the Executive Director in office administration including scheduling meetings, communicating with various constituents, and organizing information and materials. This position serves as the liaison with the Board of Directors, scheduling Board and committee meetings, communicating with the Board Chair and Committee Chairs, and running multiple Board meetings each quarter. This position is also responsible for some administrative tasks that support the whole staff.
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendar; schedules meetings for the Executive Director (with staff, board members, donors, and museum partners); prioritizes the most sensitive matters.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Director
- Performs minor accounting duties; manages administrative office budget; manages Executive Director’s receipts; processes check requests and reimbursements; processes Executive Director’s credit card and ensures it’s paid on time.
Staff Wide Administration
- Maintains accurate and organized records.
- Maintains structure of staff SharePoint hub and staff calendar; Updates document retention policy as needed.
- Liaises with Finance Office (Your Part Time Controller) on accounts payable and invoice processing
- Compiles information for and designs annual reports
- Purchases and distributes office supplies; maintains office supply storage area.
- Plans and executes staff events such as retreats, parties, work days, and socials
- Maintains confidence, acts as point person for FLPF HR by distributing information to staff regarding NDAs, holidays and other operational information
- Acts as point person for onboarding new staff, facilitating new hire orientation with FLPF Human Resources and Rosenbach Director of Operations
- Manages postage machine and copier in mailroom
- Maintains staff organizational information, including emergency contacts, internal phone lists, and holidays, communicating changes with FLPF HR.
- Assists members of the senior staff on some administrative tasks, particularly credit card expense reports.
- Manages front desk/lobby Monday-Tuesday (includes answering phones, answering the door, guiding guests).
- Processes daily mail, places orders for office supplies for all staff, and creates monthly opening and closing schedule of the institution.
- Facilitates orientation of new board members with John C. Haas Director and Chair of the Nominations & Governance Committee, including distributing materials, facilitating orientation, and scheduling.
- Organizes meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- Compiles reports for Board and Committee Meetings
- Works closely with the Board chair and committee chairs to develop and distribute agendas and other materials for committee meetings and full board meetings
- Assists in running Board meetings (hybrid, virtual, and in person)
- Takes and distributes minutes for committee and full board meetings
- Manages Board materials in BoardEffect and Altru
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proactive communicator with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and across departments
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Altru or similar constituent database
- Proficiency with Board Effect or similar board management software
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Familiarity with nonprofit work environment, especially museums and libraries
- Interest in advancing the Rosenbach’s mission
Salary range is $20-24 per hour for this full-time, non-exempt position, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume with” Executive Office Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Why Work For Us?
The Rosenbach Museum & Library is part of the Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation which offers a competitive compensation package. We offer the following benefits: flexible work environment; medical; dental; flex and HSA plans; disability & life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; retirement 403b; PTO; paid holidays (including floating).
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply. The Rosenbach Museum & Library is committed to building a community that is inclusive and equitable, which strengthens our ability to maintain our shared cultural heritage. Museums and libraries are not neutral. They are a vital part of how we interpret and share stories, and we believe the diversity of the people working in these institutions strengthens us collectively.
All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other status.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this position.