Front Desk Assistant
William Way LGBT Community Center
Reports to: Front Desk Coordinator
This position is part of the empowerment team at the William Way LGBT Community Center and is expected to set the tone for community interactions. The Front Desk Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of the front desk and assisting the Front Desk Coordinator. The Front Desk Assistant is required to possess working knowledge of administrative procedures and works under the direct supervision of the Front Desk Coordinator.
● On scheduled days, opens and/or closes the building and is aware of all activities scheduled for the day
● Maintains safe and clean reception area
● Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering questions and providing referral information
● Handles incoming mail and package deliveries
● Maintains security by following procedures and guidelines for the building
● Supports and supervises all front desk volunteers
● Other duties as assigned.
● Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
● Understanding of and commitment to WWCC’s mission.
● Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
● Friendly and warm personality
● Proficient administrative skills, including organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to make decisions independently as well as to execute assignments of administrative detail as delegated
● Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, web-mail, G Suite applications, and online search engines
● High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent lived experience.
As a small organization operating in a very dynamic environment, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure WWCC’s success.
This is a part-time, non exempt position.
Hourly pay rate: $15.00
Typical hours are Mon-Fri from 5pm-10pm, but some days and weekends are required to attend meetings and events.
Benefits include: paid sick time, flexible work schedule, and a relaxed work environment.
About the William Way LGBT Community Center
Our mission is to engage and support the diverse LGBTQIA+ communities in the greater Philadelphia area through arts & culture, empowerment, and community connections.
We want all LGBTQIA+ people to feel safe, connected, and empowered. We strive to be a community center whose staff, management, and board reflect the vibrant and richly diverse communities we serve.