Managing Director of Enrollment
Managing Director of Enrollment
Amigos de las Américas
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youthdevelopment, creating a world in which all people are lifelong leaders sharing responsibility for our global community. Our programs give students the opportunity to gain essential education and life experience, leadership training, and an entirely new network of friends by living and working in amazing communities throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Our strong network of community partners, built over 56 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
AMIGOS is looking for a leader to drive growth for AMIGOS through student volunteer recruitment and the creation of partnerships that drive program expansion. This position reports directly to the President & CEO and works closely with members of the Senior Management Team. The Managing Director of Enrollment will oversee a team of Outreach Managers as well as a network of recruitment partnerships to drive growth. We are looking for a motivated
self-starter who is ready and willing to work in a fast-paced and dynamic nonprofit environment. A successful candidate is a goal-oriented and has a proven track record in sales, customer service, and management. This position interacts frequently with Board Members, parents, academic institutions, nonprofit organizations, and other youth leadership and international travel organizations.
• Location: Houston, TX; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; or Denver, CO preferred, but not required. Currently working remotely until further notice due to COVID-19.
• Travel Requirements (currently suspended due to COVID-19):
o Travel for partnership development and team meetings approximately 5-6 times a year
o Travel to see the AMIGOS program in action in the U.S. or Latin America
• Salary: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and perks, including flexible schedules and travel (when possible). To be discussed during the interview and hiring process.
• Develop innovative digital and in-person strategies to identify and recruit a diverse cross-section of promising young leaders ages 13-22
• Lead a team of Outreach Managers to implement key enrollment strategies
• Manage all recruitment efforts in Salesforce CRM database and produce tracking reports to measure KPIs
• Coordinate and direct lead management strategies to convert leads effectively
• Form alliances and cultivate referral networks (college access, summer
• Work directly with the marketing team to develop recruitment workflows and digital storytelling narratives
• Ensure that the enrollment process reflects the values of AMIGOS and provides an exceptional experience for every applicant
• Pursue new strategic partnerships with educational institutions, including school administrators, colleges, universities and nonprofits to build enrollment
• Maintain relationships with existing network of recruitment partners and alliances and ensure smooth internal process around participation of partner organizations in AMIGOS programs
• Identify, develop, and/or lead trainings and upskilling opportunities for FTE’s and part-time Outreach Coordinators to strengthen recruitment capacity
Organizational & Team Leadership
• Represent the Enrollment Team within the Senior Leadership Team and support strategic organizational decisions and annual business plan development
• Track and report relevant benchmarks and activities for National Board reports and the AMIGOS Strategic Plan. Provide staff support to Board of Director meetings quarterly.
• Lead and directly manage U.S.-based team, consultants, and volunteers
• Serve as a passionate advocate for AMIGOS’ mission and vision at high-level events, coalitions, forums, and conferences
• Stay abreast of trends in international travel programs, secondary and higher education, and the broader market in order to most effectively reach our target demographic
Building the Brand
• Support the Marketing Department to ensure a seamless brand experience for AMIGOS target audience across all touch points
• Support the maintenance and development of inspiring online presence that is easy to understand, compelling, and establishes AMIGOS as the premier immersion opportunity for young leaders
• Identify and build partnerships (corporate, entertainment, media) that build the AMIGOS brand
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 7+ years of full-time professional experience, preferably in a growth-driving position in the field of international and/or experiential education
• Past experience with sales, partnership development, closing deals, and contracts
• Experience working in a CRM database (Salesforce preferred), including creating and executing sales pipeline workflows
• Extremely strong relationship building skills
• Experience in supervising professional and remote staff, developing and managing budgets and operational plans
• Strong organizational skills, personal initiative, and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven training and group facilitation skills
• Availability and willingness to travel and to work some evenings and approximately 5 weekends per year
• Cultural competency with respect to race, ethnicity, and socio-economic status and a commitment to upholding principles and values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Proven leadership, mentoring, coaching, and consensus-building skills
For more information about AMIGOS, visit our website:
AMIGOS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. AMIGOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.