Paralegal - Real Estate
Pagaya US Holdings LLC
About Pagaya: Pagaya is a financial technology company reshaping the asset
management space using machine learning and big data analytics to manage
institutional money. With a focus on fixed income and alternative credit,
Pagaya offers a variety of discretionary funds to institutional investors
including pension funds, insurance companies, and banks. Our unique
white-label technology platform — Pagaya Pulse — runs on a suite of
artificial intelligence technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms to
deliver a consistently high and scalable performance edge. We were founded in
2016 by seasoned finance and technology professionals. We manage over $5
billion in assets on behalf of institutional investors around the world and
partners with top Fintech, banking, and institutional funds.
Our Team: Our team comprises over 350 professionals in New York, Tel Aviv,
and Los Angeles with expertise in artificial intelligence, data rich
alternative assets and asset management. You will be surrounded by some of
the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people
you can be proud to work with!
Who We Are
• Continuous learning. It’s okay to not know something yet, but have the
desire to grow and improve.
• Win for all. We put our mission over ourselves to make sure all
participants in the system win.
• Debate and commit. Share openly, question respectfully, and once a
decision is made, commit to it fully.
• The Pagaya way. Use first principles thinking to support our needs, but
is unique to Pagaya.
Pagaya is a fast-growing fintech company that was originally formed to invest
in alternative credit markets. The company recently expanded its investment
portfolio to include large scale real estate investments all over the United
States - initially in the SFR market with expansion plans into other real
estate asset classes including real estate brokerage activities. The company
is looking for a smart, driven, dynamic individual to join the legal
department as a real estate paralegal to handle a wide range of real estate
transactions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Assist attorneys with the administration and documentation of SFR and
other commercial real estate transactions, including the negotiation,
drafting, and closing of SFR purchase agreements, commercial agreements,
preparing summaries of key terms, obtaining signatures from the appropriate
parties, and tracking the status of negotiations.
• Support attorneys with the implementation of various projects, including
preparing presentation materials on corporate compliance topics at the
direction of counsel, organizing and tracking the development of the SFR
acquisition program, real estate brokerage program as well as other project
• Assists with the development and maintenance of department resources,
playbooks, desktop manuals and compliance guides.
• Conducts and maintains research on various SFR, legal and commercial
topics, including real estate statutes and regulations, governmental agency
procedures, and potential partners or vendors.
• Assists with maintaining current brokerage and other registrations in
multiple jurisdictions, including assisting with completing annual filings,
coordinating translations of documents, and other jurisdiction-specific
• Manages an electronic filing system for SFR, Rea Estate Brokerage and
other legal department records (including purchase agreements, SFR closing
documents and other contracts, entity formation and regulatory matters).
• Provides any other legal or non-legal support that the business requires
• A, B.S., or equivalent degree.
• 4+ years of real estate experience in a law-firm or in-house legal
department setting required
• Legal software or technically savvy
• Must be a self-starter, eager to learn and gain experience in a large
variety of legal and business matters.
• Startup experience in real estate, consumer finance, financial services,
asset management, investment, funds, or fintech.
• Generous paid time off policy
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• When onsite: Unlimited snacks and beverages
• Covid-compliant environment
• A diverse and inclusive culture