Software Engineer (Python)
ABOUT THE ROLE
*This can be remote or out of the Morristown, NJ headquarters*
PerformLine is a leading provider of compliance technology that empowers
leaders with one platform to mitigate regulatory risk across major sales and
marketing channels, including the web, calls, messages, emails, documents,
and social media. PerformLine automates the path to discover, monitor,
mitigate, and report on compliance risks and ensure brand safety. The
PerformLine SaaS platform features full workflow capabilities, real-time
analytics, remediation, monitoring, and archiving, while providing clients
with significant time and cost savings by automating compliance activities
across channels and departments.
Come as you are. PerformLine is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable experience
Our application is built using AWS and we utilize their S3, EC2, and Lambdas
offerings. Our core systems are written in Python/Django and Golang. For
crunching jobs on the humongous amount of data we process, we use Postgres,
ElasticSearch, DynamoDB and Redis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will build the systems that drive the business and enable our customers
through the advancement of PerformLine's capabilities
- You will be tasked with working with other software engineers and product
managers to get products and features safely, securely, and quickly to our
- Acquire data using partner APIs and converting it into a standard format
- Gather requirements from stakeholders
- Work with other teams toward debugging as needed
- You will help us continue to migrate from a monolith to a services model
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience ingesting data via APIs using Python on Linux
- Understanding of networking (FTP, SFTP, etc)
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on
- Knowledge of SCM tools such as Git, GitHub, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Apache Airflow, DevOps, SysAdmin, or
WHO YOU ARE
- Seeks out constructive criticism of their work
- Generates lift in the skills of those around them
- Recognizes the value of boring code and the dangers of unnecessary
- Demonstrates good judgment and makes trade-offs explicit when making
- Is empathetic and can collaborate with peers & stakeholders to delivery
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to thrive amidst ambiguity as
- Default to thoughtful, humble, empathetic, respectful, and calm
- Never creates drama and never operates with an adversarial attitude
This is only intended to be advertised in areas where it complies to state
and local law.
PerformLine participates in E-Verify.
Proof of covid vaccination or an approved exemption is required within 30
days of offer.