Global Philadelphia Association
The Web Master works to support GPA’s printed materials, website, social media, video communications, and technology projects. Position provides critical support for GPA’s website, globalphiladelphia.org, through editorial management, content upgrades, and working with our web provider to build new web application features and tools. The position requires the individual to stay up-to-date on new trends in non-profit communications and their implementation. The Web Master works with the Board of Directors, GPA Members, businesses, and individuals to promote their accomplishments through our various media channels. The position is a part-time consultancy position, based in Center City with some work from home flexibility.
- Assist in creating written website content and complete requests to prepare written member information and promotional communication pieces.
- Contribute to GPA’s Social Media including preparing material to post, monitoring social media, and helping staff to logon. Work with other departments to gather information to ensure accuracy and consistency of GPA message.
- Analyze web traffic reports on Google Analytics and craft web outreach strategy accordingly.
- Serve as Webmaster for GPA websites using Drupal Content Management system. Act as moderator for editorial content, graphics, and image submissions for online posts.
- Ensure payment systems such as PayPal are on website and are in full working order.
- Assist in training and creating protocols for new content contributors.
- Support IT systems on the development and implementation of all technology upgrades and enhancements for Internet and Intranet websites and other electronic communications tools.
- Source new vendors for web related services such as Quickbooks or Wordpress.
- Perform various research and special projects to as required by the Executive Director and Board Chair.
- The person will assist in the creation of printed materials such as pamphlets, postcards, flyers promoting the work of the World Heritage City Project and GPA.
- Bachelors Degree with one year related experience creating, maintaining and approving content for a public website.
- Experience with content management systems such as Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, Photoshop, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Docs in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent researching, writing, speaking, presentation, and organizational skills; be able to handle multiple assignments and meet short-notice deadlines.
- Social Media: Facebook Twitter, Instagram
- Recommended knowledge of a foreign language and global experience/mindset
Time spent: 15 hours per week
Hourly wage/ Monthly stipend
The Global Philadelphia Association (GPA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in 2010 by nine of the leading international organizations in the Greater Philadelphia Region. Global Philadelphia Association’s mission is to assist and encourage greater interaction among the many organizations and people who engage in international activity within the Greater Philadelphia Region; to promote the development of an international consciousness; and to enhance the region’s global profile. Today, over 190 organizations, businesses, and internationally-minded individuals have become joint ventures in the Global Philadelphia initiative, and more are joining each month. In 2015, Philadelphia became a World Heritage City through a partnership between GPA and the City of Philadelphia.