Accounting and Operations Assistant
Quirk Books is looking for a productive self-starter to fill a newly created
entry-level position in the accounting department. We'd like someone who
enjoys detail work, data entry, staying organized, and improving
The Accounting & Operations Assistant will work closely with the VP of
Finance in managing activities related to the company’s finances and
operations. Training in QuickBooks and other required software will be
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist VP of Finance with entering accounts receivable and accounts
payable, as well as reviewing invoices and resolving issues
- Assist VP of Finances with royalty reporting, payments, and processing
- Manage all filing of accounts receivable, accounts payable and contracts.
- Assist Subrights and New Business with inputting of subsidiary rights
royalty statements, chasing licensors for payment.
- Source and purchase office supplies for the staff, shipping and common
areas and liaise with vendors in charge of building upkeep and maintenance.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and packages including general
- Receive and distribute staff and author/agent copies of Quirk’s books.
- Assist in maintenance of archives of all Quirk titles and their
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Solutions-oriented, ability to multitask, and attuned to shifting
priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Cooperative attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to receive and synthesize constructive feedback and ask questions.
- Fluency in MS Excel
- Must be able to work full-time from the Philadelphia office by September
Vacation & sick leave; health, dental, disability & life insurance; paid
family leave; 401(k)
Full vaccination is required. The office has sanitizer dispensers at the
entrance, sanitizing supplies throughout the building including the kitchen
and in restrooms. Masks will be required for all visitors and delivery
Founded in 2002, Quirk Books publishes a highly curated list of entertaining,
enlightening, and strikingly unconventional books for adults and children in
a number of genres and categories. Quirk publishes books that are meant to be
shared and discussed—books that are objects of desire—and that have the
potential to reach the widest possible readership because of their
positioning and packaging. Some of Quirk’s best-selling titles include Miss
Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Grady Hendrix’s genre busting
horror novels My Best Friend’s Exorcism and The Southern Book Club’s
Guide to Slaying Vampires, the legendary mash-up Pride and Prejudice and
Zombies, The Baby Owner’s Manual, and The Astrology of You and Me. While
headquartered on a cobblestone street in historic Old City, Philadelphia,
Quirk’s books are distributed worldwide by Penguin Random House and
available wherever books are sold.