Community Engagement & Enrollment Liaison Bilingual
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a
uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for
innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide
access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate
positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true
integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and
medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to
actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees
receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information
about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader
to join our team as the Community Engagement and Enrollment Liaison.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Community Engagement and Enrollment liaison supports internal and external
functions to strengthen Amida Care’s relationships with new and existing
community partners. This includes delivering activities and events that are
innovative, engaging, and meaningful to the Hispanic/Latinx population. In
addition, the position is responsible for educating and assisting prospective
members with enrolling into Amida Care’s Special Needs Plan and assisting
current members with recertification as needed under the direction of the
Assistant Director of Enrollment and Recertification. Under the direction of
the Assistant Director of Events, the position serves as a subject matter
expert for Amida Care’s Managed Care Plan and engages with the community in
discussion about building a partnership with Amida Care, provides support for
organizing and participating in events, as well as, gathering feedback that
influence how we outreach and educate the community. This includes being the
in-person community representative community as needed and requested.
• Support management in the development of outreach strategies that support
growth from the Hispanic/Latinx communities
• Under the direction and guidance of Event’s management, deliver
presentations of Amida Care’s benefits, and services to the community.
• Participates in the decision of creating all promotional materials,
including but not limited to marketing and outreach to the Hispanic/Latinx
• Assist with event planning and implementation activities and actively
participate in community events
• Manage the feedback between Amida Care and the community to address
issues or concerns that impact our relationship within the community. Report
feedback to management
• Act as the lead support for community activities and events during
non-traditional work hours to further relationships and drive Amida Care
• Outreach prospective members received as a lead and /or other sources
defined by management.
• Conduct outreach calls and as needed, site visits for members who need
and/or request assistance with recertifying, including working on Amida
Care’s Recreational Vehicles (RV.
• Educate and assist prospective members with enrolling into the Amida Care
plan in accordance with the New York State Marketplace guidelines.
• Documents activities and all member interaction via designated tools as
provided or required by Amida Care.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full
inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to
develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages
diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide
proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• High School Diploma or GED required
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must be able to speak and read both English and Spanish Fluently
• Two (2) years’ experience working in the field for a health plan,
managed organization, Community Based Organization, private physician’s
practice, or Health Center.
• Experience working with the Hispanic/Latinx community doing advocacy or
related work required
• Must be able to travel and work in all five boroughs of New York City
• Completion of Certified Application Counselor Training (CAC) (within two
months of hire) with New York State of Health Marketplace and subsequent
completion of annual CAC Training; Certified CAC’s preferred.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed.
• Demonstrate computer proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
• Exhibit ability to learn and work with user-centric electronic systems
and tools including a laptop and mobile phone.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values,
beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s
vision, mission, and values.