Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re looking for a motivated, creative, and resourceful individual who
takes pride in their work and wants to partner with clients and developers
who are pushing the boundaries of the technology we work with.
QA Engineers at Alley work to uphold our high standards of quality and
implement effective testing solutions to prevent regressions. Your
responsibilities will range from performing manual testing across browsers
and devices to innovating on ways to automate and improve our testing
QA Engineers at Alley need to be well-rounded technologists who have a
holistic understanding of the technologies we work with, are passionate about
testing strategies, and are eager to work with our team to deliver the
highest quality products to our clients.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in
the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people,
indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and
other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field. To learn more
about how Alley values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), read our DEI
For information on our hiring process and what it’s like to work at Alley,
please check out our FAQ. If you have any questions about our hiring process,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
* Perform thorough cross-browser and virtual device testing across
high-traffic sites and environments.
* Ensure site compliance with accessibility standards and requirements during
* Develop standards and processes to determine product quality and release
* Work closely with team members to ensure all work is tested and released on
* Implement automated testing to increase efficiency, proactively audit
sites, and document regressions.
* Update and expand project documentation.
* Create test plans for larger features and projects.
* Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
* Participate as a member of a cross-functional, stable, remote scrum team.
* You are excited by the scavenger hunt nature of QA work and discovering new
bugs or issues.
* You have professional experience working in web-based quality assurance.
* You have a thorough understanding of accessibility requirements for
websites and how to test for compliance.
* You have working knowledge of website design and development processes.
* You are well versed in setting up and using hosted automated testing tools,
such as Ghost Inspector and/or local automated testing libraries, such as
Cypress and Selenium.
* You are seasoned in identifying and diagnosing issues found via both
automated and manual testing.
* You utilize browser tools in your testing to proactively uncover issues
before they are reported.
* You work collaboratively and cross-functionally with software engineers,
designers, and other technical and non-technical team members.
* You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable
communicating with both team members and clients.
* You are highly organized and have a keen attention to detail.
* You are open to using Scrum as a development methodology. Prior experience
is a plus.
Bonus Points If
* You have experience with conducting quality assurance on WordPress sites.
* You have experience working directly with development teams.
* You have experience with Jira.
* You have working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
* You hold accessibility certifications, i.e. CPACC.
* Competitive salaries – We recognize several levels of career progression
for QA Engineers and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to their
seniority and experience. We are currently searching for candidates to join
at any of our first four levels, with base salaries starting at $50k, $80k,
$90k, and $105k. If you consider yourself to be at a higher level, we still
encourage you to apply and can discuss additional opportunities with you!
* Medical, dental and vision benefits
* 401k with company matching
* Profit sharing
* Monthly lunch allowance
* Flexible schedules – We do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our
team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to
* Remote first – We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t
have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a
co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at
Alley are carried out by our staff.