Supervisor of Outreach
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit www.amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Supervisor of Outreach. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Supervisor of Outreach is responsible for oversight and day to day supervision of Community Outreach Specialists. The Supervisor of Outreach works closely with other departments and programs such as Pharmacy department, Integrated Care Teams, and Member Services to support Amida Care members lost to care, or not in appropriate care remain in care by addressing social determinant of health barriers, problem solving, providing health and treatment education to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Manage day-to-day activities as well as the community relationships involved in the Outreach Programs
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of quality staff and the on-going planning, monitoring, training, coaching, evaluation, and appraisal of staff performance and development to ensure successful achievement of goals and objectives.
- Provide programmatic and clinical supervision to Community Outreach Specialist staff; Provide supervision on-site and in the field at sites in the community as needed. Utilize audits results and documentation reviews to conduct individual data-driven supervision to ensure staff are meeting program objectives and to improve program delivery and overall effectiveness of the programs.
- Provide support to Outreach team to ensure members are maintained in medical care through the coordination of care; Ensure collaboration with Amida Care’s Integrated Care Teams (ICTs) and their staff resources; Ensure staff address needs in a timely manner and that successful outcomes are achieved.
- Conduct regular audits of documentation in the Amida Care Database, on programmatic Encounter forms, and/or in site-based Electronic Medical Record for Quality Management purposes to ensure appropriate care coordination services are being provided.
- Develop and maintain a close connection with Care Coordination staff at PCP sites; collaborate with Care Coordination staff to facilitate the smooth transfer of information and services.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Public Health or related field or Five (5) years’ experience working with individuals living with HIV/AIDS or other severe chronic conditions with complex needs is required.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience working with Community Based Organizations and/or Health Centers is strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years’ supervisory / managing experience strongly preferred.
- Ensure member confidentiality and adhere to Confidentiality and Health Insurance
- Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) policies and regulations policies and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Strong knowledge of EMR (Salesforce) systems.
- Demonstrate understanding of behavioral health and experience in setting work boundaries.
- Demonstrate Judgement of safety and confidentiality issues.
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.