HIV Case Manager
Delaware HIV Consortium
This position provides direct client services in the delivery of case
management services to persons living with HIV.
• Conduct bio-psychosocial assessment of each client receiving case
• Develop an individual service care plan for each client (ongoing)
• Determine client eligibility for Ryan White services and a broad range of
• Assist clients in applying for services and benefits
• Coordinate, monitor, and follow-up on needed client services
• Conduct home visits, medical visits, and other community visits with
• Provide treatment adherence assistance
• Ensure service delivery aligns with policy, regulation, and case
• Ensure service data and case notes are entered within 2 business days
• Ensure client hard charts are in good order for state audits
• Ensure monthly reporting is generated and submitted on time
• Attend and participate in the state DPH Case Management required
• Assist eligible and appropriate clients who may benefit from enrolling
into the 340B program
• Develop individual professional development goals annually
• Other duties as assigned
Master’s or a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, public
health, or related field and one (1) years of qualifying experience.
Qualifying experience means verifiable fulltime employment in a human
services or related field. Non-profit experience preferred.
The HIV Case Management program is a client centered program, and as such,
requires travel for home visits and medical visits, as well as occasional
training. The person holding this position must hold a valid driver’s
license and have a reliable vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is offered for
appropriate work related travel.