TransWork Job Program Official Kickoff
It's been a long road, but we have been working hard to recruit employers, develop a job bank, and plan job fairs—and we are ready to start connecting applicants to opportunities. Here are some of the things in the works.
- Job Prep Workshop, August 22, 2019. To help folks prepare to apply and build confidence for the interview process, we are hosting our second Job Prep Workshop at William Way. Read more about the event.
- Launch of the TransWork Job Bank. We are preparing to launch a job bank. Visit the site often for job postings from supportive employers.
- Philadelphia Airport Job Fair, September 10, 2019. We're pleased to announce the first job fair with a large, supportive employer, the Philadelphia Airport! Spearheaded by Kathy Padilla, Deputy Director for Aviation for Diversity and Inclusion, this job fair will focus on what you need to know to gain employment at PHL. Read more about the Airport Job Fair.
- Independence Blue Cross Job Fair. IBX has signed on as another major employer and will host their own job fair in October. Dates and locations to be announced.
- TransWork Job Fair. We will also be hosting a Job Fair with a range of employers, from small to medium-sized to large, across a range of industries, including information technology and nonprofits.
In addition to major employers like the Philadelphia Airport and Independence Blue Cross, the number of affiliated employers continues to grow. Here is a partial list:
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Action Wellness
- William Way Center
- Integrity Staffing
- Message Agency
- The Tactile Group
- Concord Hotels
- Succor Technologies
- Pathways to Housing
- Windows Management Experts
- Restructured IT
More To Come
Next up is the development and launch of a Resume Bank on TransWork.org, along with more job prep and job training opportunities in early 2020. Please stay tuned!